Timberdoodle: Rapelli Game

Educational game- read the reviews

Mom2Mom: Simplifying Your Holidays

Organizing your holidays with all kinds of free resources

Mom2Mom: One on One

Doing one-on-one with each of our children

Work At Home Mom- Part 3

Making work at home work

Shine Your Light

Cyrus International and Trafficking Hope

Guys Are Waffles, Girls Are Spaghetti

Read reviews on a great book for teens

Thursday, October 29, 2009

* Mom Needs Chocolate: Review and Giveaway *

***Special thanks to Rebeca Seitz of Glass Road Public Relations, LLC for sending me a review copy.***





  1. How did this book come to be?

I ran into ragged-out, frazzled women everywhere I went who, like me, cried out for a glimmer of light at the end of the motherhood tunnel. Mom Needs Chocolate is encouragement from a mom who’s been there to moms with their feet currently stuck in the muck of the joy-sucking dully-funks, that we can, indeed, crawl out the end of that tunnel with our faith (and humor) not only intact, but actually stronger than it was before.

   

  1. You covered a LOT in this book. Any woman who reads this book will feel that you hit on something that she can relate to (many "somethings", in fact!)  Any chapters that are especially near and dear to your own heart?

When I’m asked to choose one chapter to share, I usually pick “Even Moses Started Out as a Basket Case.”  All moms can relate to the ridiculous situations their children get into, and how we can learn spiritual lessons in the most unexpected ways.

I’m currently working on a new book that will also cover A LOT: Too Stressed to Feel Blessed: And Other Feminine Fairy Tales. I’d love to invite your gal readers aged 18-65 to contribute data by jogging over to my website http://www.deboracoty.com/  and filling out a short time management survey. They’ll be entered in a drawing for a wonderful stress survival kit and their data will be included in the book!



3.  How do you balance motherhood with writing (and all the other demands on your schedule)?

I gave up sleep. You have to be careful what you pray for. I asked God for more hours in the day and He sent me early menopause. Now I have all night, too.


4.  I have to ask - - how in the world did you explain the lion-peeing incident to your work and your husband??? (I'm still laughing over that one!)

Thank you for your sympathy. That was a tough one. But thankfully most folks knew me well enough to not be shocked by anything. Even coming back from lunch dripping from head to toe with feline urine. 


5.  There are moms who will read this book, and see that one of the main themes is keeping a sense of humor in the midst of life. However, some of those moms are going to read this and say, "Debora, there is no humor in my life whatsoever. Only heartache. I just gave birth to a stillborn . . .  My husband recently left me for another woman . . .  My three year old has leukemia . . . I have post-partum depression that has me incapacitated . . . . I have terminal cancer and I have to leave my three children without a Mama . . . " Do you have any words of encouragement to these women, who feel hope and humor is beyond reach?

My heart truly goes out to women who, because of circumstances totally beyond their control, they feel they have no hope. That’s why, in my newest devotional, Everyday Hope, I point again and again to our only source of hope, a deep trust with roots that extend from the beginning of time to the infinite future. Our hope is not just the anticipation of heaven, but the expectation of a fulfilling life walking beside our Creator during our limited days on earth. 2 Thessalonians (CEV): “God our Father loves us. He is kind and has given us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope”. Trust is clinging to that hope with your fingernails even when your heart is too weary to feel it.


6.  What is your favorite kind of chocolate.

I’m a nutty Cadbury girl. But I wouldn’t turn down any of that delightful, decadent, creamy stuff . . . after all, my motto is God, Godiva and girlfriends – what more do we need? 


To win a copy of this book, simply leave a comment, with your email address below!





17 comments:

ruth stiles October 29, 2009 at 5:33 AM  

milk chocolate is my favorite and chocolate and carmel or chocolate and toffe (Heath bars!)...anyways....my e-mail address is hunting1981@gmail.com

~Melinda October 29, 2009 at 7:21 AM  

Looks like a fun read! Mmmm, dark chocolate is my favorite, but any will do (except "white chocolate" , which isn't chocolate in any sense of the word!)

mpayne1224@gmail.com

The Gaertegang Homestead October 29, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

Sorry Mel~White chocoloate is my favorite! I love to read and what girl wouldn't love to read about chocolate?

jmintuck October 29, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

I would be interested. After I read this, I could use it to give to my sister , just as a "just because you're a mom" hand-over to my new-mommy sister. I can imagine that one day soon that she would use this.

devonm @ sasktel dot NET

Winning Readings October 29, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

This looks very inspirational - right where I am! I'd love to win a copy...

and we posted about this at Winning Readings:

http://winningreadings.blogspot.com/2009/10/mom-needs-chocolate.html

janemaritz at yahoo dot com

The Proverbs Wife October 29, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

I'm a milk chocolate girl and must have a chocolate fix weekly. Great giveaway.

thewifeathome@gmail.com

wmmahaney October 29, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

This book looks great. Would love to win a copy.
wmmahaney@att.net

Debora M. Coty October 30, 2009 at 5:32 AM  

Thanks so much for the fun interview! I hope all your readers enjoy MNC as much as I enjoyed writing it!

I'd like to invite all gals 18-65 to help me out with my research for a new book on how women deal with stress. I'd be most appreciative if you'd take a 5-min survey on time mgt at my website: www.DeboraCoty.com. Data collected will appear in my book.

Many thanks and blessings to you!

Michelle October 30, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

I like answer #6.
I'm a nutty Chocolate girl also.
Joyful

moma 3 homeschool @gmail(dot)com

Apryl @ Christian Clippers October 30, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

I Love Dark Chocolate!

christianclippers@gmail.com

plb8156 October 30, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

This sounds like a book I really need. Its been a rough week...3 of my kids had the flu & I am praying the other two & I don't get it,,,I'm to exhausted to be sick :)
plb8156@aol.com
By the way...I need chocolate...maybe I will trick or treat tomorrow :)

Carol M November 1, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

I would love to give this book to my daughter. She has seven children and is a wonderful mother! I'm sure she would enjoy this book!

mittens0831 at aol dot com

MarionG November 2, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

Hi. I would love this book. I am a single mom of three. My youngest is a teen daughter who has been diagnosed with ADHD. polo-puppy-fluffyAThotmail *dot* com I need some humor in my life. Cheers.

Liz November 2, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

I would really like to win this book. Feeling frazzled and totally burned out lately. BTW- I have 4 boys ages 4,5,11, and 16.

elanza@atlanticbb(dot)net

Unknown November 2, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

Thanks for entering me into this giveaway!

unforgetable_dreamer_always(at)hotmail.com

The Need 2 Read November 3, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

What a great book - and fun title!! I can always use a good pick me up - rather it be chocolate or a book...or both...haha! :)

jamieandandre at bellsouth dot net

Haydensmommy05 November 6, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

yummy to milk chocolate!
Haydensmommy05@hotmail.com

Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

View My Stats
free counters

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP